Because it is standardized on XML and Adobe Flash, you can create your own page templates to help decrease development time and to adapt to requirements that change from project to project. For example, lets say that every course you create comes with an objectives page that looks very similar. The only difference is the content. Instead of having to create that page each time using Flash, Swish, or some other tool, you can create a consistent template for it and create the page multiple times by simply filling out a form. Below is how to add your custom page template Rapid Intake.
First click on the Admin tab at the top left. From there, towards the bottom of the page, under Customization click on "Add or Update Custom Page Template"
A new page will open and from there you will need to click on "Add New Page"
At the next screen follow the directions below to complete the upload of your custom page template.
- Page Name: Choose a name for your page.
- Action Script Version: You must indicate the version of ActionScript you used to build the course page.
- Compatibility: If you intend to use this page with Flash and Mobile courses, check this box. Checking this box will disable the page for any Flash only courses, so if you want to be able to use it with Flash only courses, you will need to upload it again with a slightly different name. Note: In order to use a custom page with a mobile course, you need to have the 'Alternate Mobile Content' tab.
- Flash Player Version: Select the Flash player version best suited for playing your course. Note: If the course is using ActionScript 3, you will need to choose Player 10 here for it to work properly.
- Page Tags: Select any tags by which you want this custom page to appear in the authoring tool.
- Custom Tags: Add any other custom tags by which you want this custom page to appear in the authoring tool.
- Form Input: Click on "Choose File" to browse for and select the xml file to upload.
- Flash Movie: Click on "Choose File" to browser for and select the .zip or .swf file to upload.
- Icon: Click on "Choose File" to browser for and select the .png to upload.
- Click on "Save."